Cardboard Boxes or Crates — which is best for packing?
Advantages of Crates over Cardboard Boxes
- Crates are stronger and sturdier than cardboard, so can be stacked higher in the van or truck. This is especially an advantage for a large house move as it would mean less trips back and forth, saving overall cost.
- Crates are returned after a few days, unlike boxes which would have to be disposed of.
- Crates are more environmentally friendly than boxes.
- Crates are easier to carry than boxes.
- Crates are strong and durable so no worries about falling apart under the weight, or cardboard boxes could get wet if it’s raining etc.
- Crates are lidded so don’t need to be taped and fastened as boxes do.
- Crates are easier to stack in your new home while you’re waiting to unpack.
- Crates can be nested in each other when empty, so don’t take up too much space when storing to be collected
Cardboard Boxes are ideal if
- you’re moving a small apartment or flat.
- you don’t plan on unpacking everything immediately, or want to keep items packed in storage.
We have quality cardboard boxes available and ready to deliver to your door.
- Boxes are double-wall for extra strength.
- Normal delivery times will be Monday—Friday (see note on delivery).